Facilities & Resources
IIHR has been a part of the University of Iowa’s central campus since 1920, when a small model laboratory was opened on the banks of the Iowa River in downtown Iowa City. Research activities expanded rapidly, and by 1928 a larger Hydraulics Laboratory replaced the original small structure.
Today, a steadily growing research program and broadening of research focus has pushed IIHR beyond the C. Maxwell Stanley Hydraulics Laboratory to nine other local facilities and an outlying laboratory on the Mississippi River (LACMRERS). The many structures that make up IIHR’s modern research, teaching, office, and support space total more than 120,000 square feet of floor space. Use the menu at left to learn more about the resources available at each facility.