Thursday, August 11, 2022
7:45 – 8:30 am: Light Breakfast
8:15 am: Welcome by IIHR Director Gabriele Villarini and Dean Harriet Nembhard
8:30 am: Research Show and Tell Part I: Several short presentations/overviews of IIHR research activities; end with vision for the future. Each presentation is about 10-12 minutes.
- Iowa Flood Center / Informatics
- Iowa Watershed Approach / New Center for Hydrologic Development
- Iowa Geological Survey
- Environmental Engineering
- Iowa Wastewater and Waste-to-Energy Research Program
- Iowa Superfund Research Program
10:00 am: Break
10:15 am: Research Show and Tell Part II: Several short presentations/overviews of IIHR research activities; end with vision for the future. Each presentation is about 10-12 minutes.
- Ship Hydrodynamics
- Naval Certificate Program and New Fluids Laboratory
- Physical Modeling – Troy Lyons
11:45 am – 1:30 pm: Box Lunch
1:30 to 4:30 pm:
- Open house in Seamans Center for the Engineering Arts and Sciences (SC). Alumni are encouraged to view student posters and tour the Student Fluids Lab and EES labs and other labs managed by IIHR faculty and staff.
103 South Capitol St., Iowa City IA, 52242.
- C. Maxwell Stanley Hydraulics Laboratory (SHL) open for people to walk through, chat with students, etc. Seminar room is also open for alumni and friends to gather and chat.
300 S. Riverside Dr., Iowa City, IA 52242 (319-335-5237)
7:30 – 9:30 pm: Birthday Party at Hancher Auditorium! (by invitation)