Getting to LACMRERS from Iowa City:
- Take I-80 east from Iowa City.
- Go south on HWY 38S at Exit 271.
- Drive about 13 miles to the HWY 61 intersection. Turn left and proceed to the second stoplight (about a mile).
- Make a right turn onto University Drive. You’ll see a Farm & Fleet store located south of the intersection.
- Continue on University Drive until it dead ends into HWY 22.
- Turn left (east) and drive six miles to Fairport (you are driving “upriver” toward Davenport on HWY 22 east).
- Drive through Fairport and immediately after you see the marina sign (just outside Fairport) turn right into the LACMERS and DNR Fish Hatchery driveway located 6.5 miles from University Drive.
- LACMRERS is the tall building with the green roof on the right-hand side of the driveway. Park in the lot by the building. The DNR Fish Hatchery buildings are red brick and located on the left side of the driveway.
- If you get to Montpelier on HWY 22 east, you have passed LACMRERS and the Fish Hatchery. Note that some GPS units do not always show the correct location of LACMRERS.
Call LACMRERS: 563-288-2888